Home wanted for Tortoise

tedw

Location (City and/or State)
perris, california
I hope I am posting to the right forum and following the proper procedure. If not, I am sure someone will point it out.

My sister is in a nursing home and has a male 200 lb. sulcata tortoise. I believe he is a male and is in good health as far as I know. The exact age I could not tell you. Currently , there is a caretaker (my niece) but that situation is coming to an end. I cannot have or take care of the tortoise where I live. The tortoise is located in Perris , California. I have requested help from a couple of rescue organizations but have not yet even received a response. I do not want to see the tortoise euthanized but I am running out of time. I have until May 2024 to find it a new home. Any help or input sincerely appreciated.

Last edited:

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Someone with knowledge and experience will soon be along to offer advice and help. @Tom

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I hope I am posting to the right forum and following the proper procedure. If not, I am sure someone will point it out.

My sister is in a nursing home and has a male 200 lb. sulcata tortoise. I believe he is a male and is in good health as far as I know. The exact age I could not tell you. Currently , there is a caretaker (my niece) but that situation is coming to an end. I cannot have or take care of the tortoise where I live. The tortoise is located in Perris , California. I have requested help from a couple of rescue organizations but have not yet even received a response. I do not want to see the tortoise euthanized but I am running out of time. I have until May 2024 to find it a new home. Any help or input sincerely appreciated.
Can you post pictures?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

I actually just had a friend ask me if I knew of anyone trying to find a home for a sulcata yesterday. The person is out in Joshua tree, so really not that far from you either.

Can you get some pictures? Has the tortoise actually been on a scale? Few of them get over 130 pounds. Most people seem to overestimate their weight for some reason. What is the length of the tortoise?

tedw

perris, california
I actually just had a friend ask me if I knew of anyone trying to find a home for a sulcata yesterday. The person is out in Joshua tree, so really not that far from you either.

Can you get some pictures? Has the tortoise actually been on a scale? Few of them get over 130 pounds. Most people seem to overestimate their weight for some reason. What is the length of the tortoise?
I do not have pictures, but I will get some to post. It may take a few days.