Hingeback Room Tour

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Akron, Ohio
Perhaps, if we have had a Kinixys care sheet here, we knew better about this species.

This will help new users to decide if it's right specie for them or prevent mistakes like "oh, they from Africa, here is some sand and Powersun". Care sheets set some baseline and outline most important aspects of keeping and easier to find and use than FB, YT or Reddit.

Right now, I my knowledge is limited to "keep them like you keep a yellowfooted" and that's a flawed advice for sure (at least temperatures don't match).
My youtube channel has hundreds of videos about the care of hingeback tortoises - please do watch them if you are interested. That's my outreach. That's why I posted this video. To help people learn about them. My aim is to drive people interested in Kinixys to my video outreach and education about Hingeback tortoises. I have had many people tell me they have been successful keeping and breeding Kinixys from watching my detailed care videos.

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
My youtube channel has hundreds of videos about the care of hingeback tortoises - please do watch them if you are interested. That's my outreach. That's why I posted this video. To help people learn about them. My aim is to drive people interested in Kinixys to my video outreach and education about Hingeback tortoises. I have had many people tell me they have been successful keeping and breeding Kinixys from watching my detailed care videos.
YouTube is a great way to get a wide audience. I'm somewhat an old-school guy and I like to read. For me it's easier to read/re-read and work on side notes than to watch "hundreds of videos" (and less time consuming). So that's why I asked about a care sheet.

Anyway, you are doing a great job. If YT works better for you - let it be. I will point new Kinixys keepers to your YT channel and FB group.