Help with substrate please

Status
Not open for further replies.

stehowarth

5 Year Member
I bin using alfalfa pellets as substrate as the pet shop said there the best u can use but after researching on this site I've found out coco coir is the best but the only coco coir I can find is canna coco plus but it says it contains the mould trichoderma to aid in plant growth was just wondering if that would be ok thanks

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
RE: Help please

Not sure if thats safe or not for you to use. You can also use orchid bark, cypress mulch, sphagnum peat moss, and organic potting soil if those are at all available to you.

stehowarth

5 Year Member

I went home base yesterday and all there soils and top soils contain John innes and nutrients for better growth so don't wanna use them I'll have to c if I can find it anywhere else thanks

stehowarth

5 Year Member

Burnley near Manchester ill have a walk around again today c if I can find any to last till I order that online thanks a lot

It says that has organic nutrients in will they be ok thanks

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom

You can get organic topsoil or compost from 'the Yorkshire trading' shop which is like a hardware shop in Yorkshire? Check similar stores in Manchester or your smaller garden centres?

stehowarth

5 Year Member

Just got sum organic compost do I have to let it dry out the garden centre keeps it outside in the rain thanks

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
stehowarth said:
Just got sum organic compost do I have to let it dry out the garden centre keeps it outside in the rain thanks

I would say it wouldn't matter for my red foot as it would definitely create humidity lol! Depends I guess on your species? :)

stehowarth

5 Year Member
Mine is a horsefield don't think it can I've put it in front room with dehumidifier on hoe it'd rye out quick then I can change the alfalfa pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.