Help me! Pig nosed turtle

Jocelyn95

Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
Hi all, I need help. I got a new pig nosed turtle and I noticed this on its plastron (top left corner). What is this and how do I treat it. Will it be okay?

Attachments

• A59E3D3A-89CC-4EDE-A74B-B19306A34FDE.jpeg
    A59E3D3A-89CC-4EDE-A74B-B19306A34FDE.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 18

Jocelyn95

Malaysia
It doesn't seem to be bleeding so I'm guessing its just some scratched skin on the plastron. I wouldn't stress over it but do keep an eye on it if it darkens, bleeds, smells or bits start falling off. These may be signs of shell rot.

https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/shell-rot-in-water-turtles.133082/
Yes, it’s not bleeding or whatever. Monitoring if it gets bigger. Turtle is active and swimming around, but has not started eating since it was bought on 1st January. Do you see a need to apply some medication for shell rot?

Noelluene

Shenzhen, China
Just keep the water clean and there shouldn't be any need for medication. If you are using tap water may I suggest using ZooMed's reptisafe to treat the water for chlorine. Without a vet visit I wouldn't try to give it medicines.

As for it not eating, what are you currently feeding it? What temperature is the enclosure?

Jocelyn95

Malaysia
Just keep the water clean and there shouldn't be any need for medication. If you are using tap water may I suggest using ZooMed's reptisafe to treat the water for chlorine. Without a vet visit I wouldn't try to give it medicines.

As for it not eating, what are you currently feeding it? What temperature is the enclosure?
The current temperature is 28-29 degree Celsius. I’m in a tropical country too. Used anti chlorine for the water already. I’m feeding it pellets specially for pig nosed turtles (sinking flat ones), the pet store have been giving it this before I bought it. I watched it smell it but does not seem to like it, it ate like small pieces broken off the main piece, but stopped. I might try to give it dried krill when they arrive. I have bloodworms too but not sure if it can have that?