Help identifying potential shell rot

joecolonna

Location (City and/or State)
Egypt
Hi everyone, would someone please be able to help identify what (if there is any) the problem is on my little boy's plastron? Ive got a feeling it could be early shell rot, but hes is very young (about 8 weeks), so maybe this look is normal for babies...?

Thanks a lot!

1533384292915790451258.jpg

daniellenc

Maryland
I’d wipe it off if possible and dab some athletes foot cream on it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you talking about the wrinkly looking area in the center? That's where he was connected to the yolk while in the egg. It will smooth out over time.

daniellenc

Maryland
Are you talking about the wrinkly looking area in the center? That's where he was connected to the yolk while in the egg. It will smooth out over time.
I think it’s the areas on the left and right. The white spots on the black parts of the plastron.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't see it, but the cleaning and athlete foot cream certainly won't do any harm.

joecolonna

Egypt
Thanks for everyone's quick replies! Yes @Yvonne G I was talking about the wrinkly area in the centre, but more so the slight dark discolouration in the centre, and there are two 'dents' on either side. Hopefully this is all normal for a baby, like you said, and I got the athletes foot cream just in case. Thanks!