hello new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamera420

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hello everybody i am a new to this page first i like tointroduce my self my name is carlos and i love turtles, second i would like to buy a tortoise and mi question is whta is a good tortoise to start whit, i had acuatic turtles but now i whant a land one wich species is good for getting started, and size would be a good start to now how big and enclosure to make, anithing would help thank you, my screen name is gamera 420

Attachments

• Furniture-Tortoise.png
    Furniture-Tortoise.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 96

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum Carlos, Russians and Greeks are good starter Torts. Russians have lots of personallity and stay fairly small. I would got to the Russian and Greek sites here and read up on them.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hello Carlos and welcome to TFO!!! For enclosures outside is the best, but if it has to be inside the bigger the better. My indoor enclosures are 5' x 2' and they house babies. Good Luck in your choice of a tort,

gamera420

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
spikethebest said:
Welcome Carlos! What part of the world are you from?

i am from tijuana same weather as san diego

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
oh cool. i love going to mexico. i spent a month there in living on the beach helping the breeding program of the olive ridley and negra sea turtles. how old are you?

gamera420

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
:p
spikethebest said:
oh cool. i love going to mexico. i spent a month there in living on the beach helping the breeding program of the olive ridley and negra sea turtles. how old are you?

iam 36 years old

gamera420

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
april s said:
Welcome Carlos I too am new to the forum. Everyone is great.
My sister has a red eared slider is that what you have?
:p no i had a soft shell turtle long time ago now iam going back to keep turtles again i am going to buy next month a pair of red cheek mud turtles. and later a tortoise i am going to start with a russian tortoise, i already have the aquarium for the mud turtles is a breeder tank 36 inches long 18 inches wide 18 inches tall, for the tortoise right now i am reading on tortoise before i buy but on the side of my house theres room for a enclosure that i could connect with my room en the size its going to be aprox 8 foot long by 6 wide with a fence 5 foot tall with a celing for rain well when it rains jajajaja en when it rains a could putt them inside my room via the connection atte carlos:cool:

Attachments

• GAMERA 2.jpg
    GAMERA 2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.