Hello from Marginates in Bedfordshire, UK

lornajean

Location (City and/or State)
Bedfordshire, UK
Hi all tort lovers. We have recently inherited what we think are 2 marginated torts 3 years old. We are in love with them and has been so much fun watching them play in the garden I thought I would share some pics too. I am yet to get them checked over by a vet but if anyone spots something that isnt right please let me know. I am so scared with all the information I am going to poison them or that they have suffered calcium deficency already, I cant wait to build their outdoor home so I have peace of mind. 20150409_091057.jpg

lornajean

Bedfordshire, UK
Hi all tort lovers. We have recently inherited what we think are 2 marginated torts 3 years old. We are in love with them and has been so much fun watching them play in the garden I thought I would share some pics too. I am yet to get them checked over by a vet but if anyone spots something that isnt right please let me know. I am so scared with all the information I am going to poison them or that they have suffered calcium deficency already, I cant wait to build their outdoor home so I have peace of mind. View attachment 125456

lornajean

Bedfordshire, UK
Hi all tort lovers. We have recently inherited what we think are 2 marginated torts 3 years old. We are in love with them and has been so much fun watching them play in the garden I thought I would share some pics too. I am yet to get them checked over by a vet but if anyone spots something that isnt right please let me know. I am so scared with all the information I am going to poison them or that they have suffered calcium deficency already, I cant wait to build their outdoor home so I have peace of mind. View attachment 125456

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Very cute little torts, :D they really are, GOD bless.

And a very warm welcome to the forum.

lornajean

Bedfordshire, UK
When I picked them up on Tuesday it was really dirty and they didnt have anything in there apart from the dishes

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

May we please see more pictures? I'm not real sure you've I.D.'d them correctly.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Lovely torts.
How's the humidity? This is the important factor in their healthy growth and development along with calcium, temps and uvb.

lornajean

Bedfordshire, UK
im not sure why 1 picture was added twice but these are the best i have at the moment. I have another thread where someone ID'd them as Marginated. I was told they were Hermanns when I got them but after a couple of days I wasnt too sure

lornajean

Bedfordshire, UK
Im afraid to say they haven't had the best year and I fear there has been some damage to the carapace which I mentioned in another thread. I have only had them a few days now and they have been outside everyday so far.