Hello everyone

Mull112

Location (City and/or State)
Burton
Hi everyone my names rc I've had aquatic turtles since I was a kid and just now am starting in on my dream of having tortoises I live in ohio.i am a machinist by trade. Wont lie I'm a true gearhead my best friend and I build drag cars and race just about anything i have a beautiful wife that I've been with for 7 years that has the same passion for animals as me we also have English Bulldogs I'm working my way to getting my dream tortoise I currently have a painted turtle and a southern black knobbed map turtle and I just recently as of yesterday added a sulcata to my family I look forward to talking and learning from all you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi RC, and welcome to the Forum!

We have a whole bunch of good reading for you. If you'll go to the Sulcata section, the important threads are pinned at the top of that section.

Be careful with the dogs. Dogs just love chewing on tortoise shells.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Seeing as your new baby needs a moist, warm, humid environment, that cardboard part of the enclosure won't last long. The humidity helps them grow a smooth shell.

Mull112

Burton
The new baby has 2 other hides just likes it in there what humidity do you suggest

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
80% and up is good. You can't achieve that in an open top table. You need a covered enclosure for that.

Melis

Maryland
Welcome! Your little guy already has some pyramiding, but the links Yvonne referenced will help you get him in the proper setup. Come back with any questions! :)

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Welcome to our forums! You have a beautiful young Sulcata with a devilishly curious twinkle in his eye. I hope that you'll be equally curious in your pursuit of the proper care of your little Sully. We have available care sheets for your baby right here on our forum. There is lots of hard fought and accurate information available here on our care sheets and topical postings. Once again . . . Welcome!

Mull112

Burton
Ya he was the best looking one very active I've got the humidity at 75 currently basking temp is at 105 and cool end is between 75 and 80 I got some d3 in him

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas

Mull112

Burton
Well my wife and I have come up with a name for this awesome member of our family maverick is officially the name figuring it will work whether its male or female