Hands moisturizer with vitamin D good for sulcatas shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

budhuger

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Puerto Rico
Does anyone know if hand moisturizer is safe for tortoise shell?
If is good for hands and face and have vitamins I think could be safe for tortoise shell as well. If anyone knows please let us know.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I do not recommend putting anything on the tortoise's shell. In the wild, nothing gets put on their shell. There is no reason to do this. It can also cause them to heat up more than usual and interfere with thermoregulation.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I agree. The only thing I put on their shell is plain water several times a day for babies and a couple times a week for juveniles and adults. I do this for all species.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I think it is not good, makes things stick to the shell, like dirt, etc.....
We hose them down with water only for cooling, etc....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi budhuger:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Did you get rid of your ant problem?

I'm with all the others who have already posted. I don't believe in putting anything on a tortoises shell because it may interfere with their thermoregulation. If you'd like your baby to look a little bit cleaner and bright and shiney, then take a real soft bristle brush and using clean water, just gently scrub off the dirt with the brush. It is beneficial to the little sulcata to have moisture on the shell, so it would be good to spritz him with water several times a day.

budhuger

10 Year Member!
Puerto Rico
Thanks everybody for the replays. Yes that's what I tough al natural is always the best way.
Hi, Emysemys I'm in florida and no the ants still in the yard but under control, I just close the area where the mounts are and treat that area before open it and the yard is much better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.