Greetings and please welcome 'Butters'

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCalAl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paradise
Although I actually posted an 'introduction' some 18 months ago, I felt it was warranted again as we have a new tort addition to our family. For the past year or so, my better half has been looking at every sulcata she's seen. She talks to them like they are infants (which confuses me since neither can understand a word, yet getting her to talk to me often proves pointless. True - I seldom understand her, either...) and loves on every one she spots.
So for christmas this year, I got her one from our local herp house, Ron's Reptiles. Ron and Donna saved me out a bright-eyed, light-colored beauty.
Even tho I knew she'd been looking, I was concerned since I never have bought her something living - and especially something that lives so long. These type of purchases, at least for me, are intensely personal and I wasn't sure how she would take it. Simple to say, she loves him/her!
After a few days of searching for names that could go either way once we do know, she chose 'Butters'. Given that we have a CDT named 'Cartman', it works perfectly.
IMG_1234-Th.jpg

IMG_1229-M.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome...again!!! Don't be such a stranger. Why don't you get your better half to join up too?

I would ditch that feeding bowl and just feed on either a tile or a flat rock. When you make a baby climb up over something, you run the risk of him ending on his back.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Sooooooooooooooooooo cute :)

Status
Not open for further replies.