Status
Not open for further replies.

chester tortoiseson

5 Year Member

Edna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rawlins, Wyoming
Their Russian Tortoise Mix has pretty much the same list, but the grass amounts are lower. That's the one I'd go with.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Depends on how much he eats, how much you have growing, how much time he spends out there, etc...

I usually still "feed" my small ones when they are inside. During our weed season here, I seldom put any food in my adults outdoor enclosure since they just ignore it and go eat weeds and grass anyway. Every situation is a little different. You and your tortoise will need some trial and error to figure it all out.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
That depends on how much area, as well as time and energy, you are devoting to growing plants for him. In a small area, he will put so much pressure on the plantings, both by feeding on them and also by walking on them, that you will have to be constantly renewing them. I would plan on growing the seed mix for his enjoyment, and feeding him grocery greens and weeds you find growing in your yard or area as his main diet. Mazuri or other commercial prepared food as a supplement.

Status
Not open for further replies.