Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I picked up the Leopard Gecko that needed a home and it seemed to be getting good care, but the front of her face looks odd and one eye is a little shut. I can't post pick here but if someone is willing to post them for me I will email them to you. Just send me your email adress Thanks! [email protected]

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
LOL...so I think you may be needing to pm Josh and ask him to change your user name to Crazy Lizard Lady....LOLOLOLOLOLOL...jk :D

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Emailed you about the pics!

The eye-shut issue may simply be related to low humidity and poor shedding ability. With correct care, that will probably help in time, but you can get use any of that Reptile Eye rinse or turtle eye rinse on her in the meantime. I've used it on other reptiles besides turtles and torts and it works well.

Hard to say about the face without pics. Time will tell, but I fear it may be some form of MBD. Or...maybe an old injury/bite from a cagemate. That is plausible if the previous owner was keeping multiple adults in the same cage.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
@Angela My husband was not to happy about the gecko I suprised him with :)

@Michael I think you are right. Ith enclosure was dry. No himid hide. I made her a humid cave.

@ all It is really sad how many people get geckos and then get tired of them. Every time I mention that I am getting another gecko someone offers me another. 3 this week. I have only taken one....so far.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Perhaps Angi you can network abit ....find a gecko rescue place relatively close to you,.....this will take some work but could prove to be a valuable search....you can likely check around with some of your local vet offices as well as you can likely get some breeder information for folks in your area....then that will further allow you to take one in dispair and get it to a good place with you being the middle stop...you know?

Just a thought :D

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
I adore my gecko,,he's a crested gecko, and I also adopted him from a family who almost let him go wild outside!!! He's tropical,and wouldn't have survived 1 day :((
he's spoiled and happy now,and has gained a little weight :)
daily misting is a must for their humidity and they like to drink the droplets off the leaves in their enclosure!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I took in a third gecko and my husband says he has to go. I don't really know why....other than maybe he doesn't like that I now have a reptile in almost every room. He was on sand, got rid of that. Now he is on paper towels. I added moss to his hide , and threw away his spirel light. He needs an under the tank heater but for now he has a red heat bulb. What could I do? The mom called and said the kids had quit feeding it. He seems healthy, bigger than my other two. He is bright orange not striped. His name was Buddy, but he looks like a Gunther.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Congrats on the newest rescue!

That sucks about your husband getting impatient about the animals... Have you tried asking him why? If you can find out what bothers him, maybe you can reach a compromise or take measures to ease that annoyance--like, if it's the reptile in every room thing, you can condense them into a designated one or two rooms. Metal shelving units work great for condensing a bunch of gecko tanks into one small space...

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
He would probably say that they keep me from doing other things I should be doing. I am not a very organized person and my husband is very much a type A personality. He never stops doing stuff and he is always stressed. My oldest son says he needs to smoke pot, I kind of agree. It might be good for his health because it would force him to relax :) When my kids move out ( hopfully that will not be for a long time) I will have a reptile room:) Anyway Gunther will stay until I find him a good home. And the next critter that need me will stay until I find it a good home also. Hubby will get over it.....I hope....

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
LOL. Poor guy, to be wound so tight! Fortunately loved ones can be very forgiving, so hopefully he will get over it! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.