funnny story about my russian tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoiseluv

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Well, I got my tort, Ella a few weeks ago and I gave her a whole leaf of romaine lettuce and you know how there's a leafy part and in the middle there's the harder stem part? Well, she ate the leafy part really quickly until there was just the stem part and started gawning on it like a bone! She carried it like a bone into her little hide out it was soooo cute! I regret ever wanting a dog, tortoises are sooooooo much better! So, here is some adice to those people who don't know what to do with their tortoises when they just eat and eat and eat... give them the "bone" and it takes a while to eat but they are not actually eating as much... end tort obesity! :D

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
ROFL That must have been adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
My new yearling DT solved that problem it just swallowed the bone and swallowed and swallowed. Luckly is was a young leaf and small. IT had swallowed more than half the bone;) and the rest of the leaf was just drug around under him. When I noticed it I went to pluck it from his face (thought it was just stuck on his face) but It started to pull out. I just about freaked. My dog had swallowed some dental floss and I heard it can wrap around there internal structures and cause problems if it is pulled out (or attempted) so I just cut the bone to a smaller piece and let him swallow it. Now I am breaking up their salad into smaller pieces. I have quite a few torts now so the babies (Yearlings) get the younger parts of the plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.