Frisee lettuce UK

THEADEMARCO

Location (City and/or State)
London
I've been reading and apparently frisee lettuce is sold in the UK and good for tortoises. Can anyone tell me where it is sold? I am having trouble locating any. Or is it one of those things that you have to grow yourself? Please let me know.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Not from the UK but the original Crispy Florettes bagged lettuce contains plenty of frisée along with a couple of other good things. it's advertised as being sold in most of the big grocer's, Sainsbury, Tesco and the lot. You just want to be sure to get the original mix.

I think any of their rocket mixtures are worth rotating in as well.

Reactions: Tom

LudusPlus

Sheffield
I've not seen this in tesco whilst tortoise shopping but I haven't been looking specifically for this. There's five or six different store bought items that can be good mixed in with a tort diet that I frequently get in tescos if you need help finding others.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
I've been reading and apparently frisee lettuce is sold in the UK and good for tortoises. Can anyone tell me where it is sold? I am having trouble locating any. Or is it one of those things that you have to grow yourself? Please let me know.
Frisee lettuce is on the cooking shows, so it's probably available at speciality markets in larger cities; a gourmet type lettuce.