Friendly neighbour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Don't have space for outdoor pen? Making friends with neighbours pays off.

After a little chit chat and showing my neighbour 3 month old south african leopard, he was happy to let me use nice space behind his shed to set up temporary outside pen for the rest of the season. Little leopard actively patrols the pen, grazes on clover, weeds and even saw him biting on grasses.

Can anyone tell something I may be missing in it? Obviously I can't plant anything there. Are the two hiding spots enough shade? The pen gets full sun from 10:30-4pm. After 4 shade starts to coming in. We are in mid eighties these days.

I did make sure there are no pets or kids in the household, no rats around, no chemicals of any kind on the lawn.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

1377114121030.jpg

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Looks good. Put a temperature probe under those stone houses mid day and see what the temp is like. I bet its hot as an oven. You might need some deeper shade from higher overhead. Like from and umbrella. Or a tree. Or a big potted bush.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Yeah, I would also vote for some shade from above...perhaps a large potted shrub that you could set aside the enclosure to offer shade--maybe a couple of them....

FreddieKrueger

5 Year Member
looks great Mike Cheers to nice neighbors! I was hoping we could take the fence down here and share a horse!! lol in my dreams!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.