Francis

LR31APilot

Hello All,

We rescued a Sulcata that was found wondering the streets in Los Angeles. Our friends who found her posted found signs and asked around but no one came forward. We have had her now since December. She has been living inside our house while I built her outdoor habitat but now spends her time outside. I have been very impressed with how she has taken to her outdoor house. Around 3 or 4 every afternoon she walks back into her house for the night. I got some good ideas for the house from your forum so, THANK YOU.

Meet Francis!

You can find her on instagram as Francisthetortoise1 or Facebook as Francisthetortoise

DSC_4302.jpg IMG_6161.JPG IMG_6174.JPG IMG_6350.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I get the impression from the pictures that Francis is a bit thin. See if you can find somebody that sells Mazuri Tortoise Diet. They love it and it helps put weight on them.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hello All,

We rescued a Sulcata that was found wondering the streets in Los Angeles. Our friends who found her posted found signs and asked around but no one came forward. We have had her now since December. She has been living inside our house while I built her outdoor habitat but now spends her time outside. I have been very impressed with how she has taken to her outdoor house. Around 3 or 4 every afternoon she walks back into her house for the night. I got some good ideas for the house from your forum so, THANK YOU.

Meet Francis!

You can find her on instagram as Francisthetortoise1 or Facebook as Francisthetortoise

View attachment 201114 View attachment 201115 View attachment 201116 View attachment 201117
Hello and welcome from Texas to both of you. Francis is a cutie!

LR31APilot

Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I get the impression from the pictures that Francis is a bit thin. See if you can find somebody that sells Mazuri Tortoise Diet. They love it and it helps put weight on them.

Will do. The first picture was from when we first got her. She has been eating a lot since then.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very confusing. "Frances" = the female spelling. "Francis" = the male spelling. You keep referring to she and her. If you'll show us a picture of the bottom shell (plastron) including the tail we can tell for sure which gender Francis is.

LR31APilot

Very confusing. "Frances" = the female spelling. "Francis" = the male spelling. You keep referring to she and her. If you'll show us a picture of the bottom shell (plastron) including the tail we can tell for sure which gender Francis is.

Interesting observation. We don't know male or female but believe Female.