Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoseman441

5 Year Member
What type of greens should I feed my sulcatas ? I've been feeding them spring mix everyday and mazuri once a week . Any suggestions ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Great links from Yvonne. Your sulcata needs more fiber. Mixing some soaked ZooMed pellets or using some "Salad Style" with your spring mix is an okay way to do this if weeds and grass aren't an option for you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tom: did you mean to say "salad style HAY"?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
emysemys said:
Tom: did you mean to say "salad style HAY"?

No.

There is a product called "Salad Style". It is basically finely blended up timothy hay and orchard grass hay. It is ready to use and convenient. You just sprinkle some on top of your grocery store greens or spring mix and, VOILA! Instant dietary improvement.

I got mine from Tyler and Sarah at tortoisesupply.com. Try googling it.

... Is that a word?... "googling" :D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
There is a product called "Salad Style". It is basically finely blended up timothy hay and orchard grass hay. It is ready to use and convenient. You just sprinkle some on top of your grocery store greens or spring mix and, VOILA! Instant dietary improvement.

I got mine from Tyler and Sarah at tortoisesupply.com. Try googling it.

... Is that a word?... "googling" :D

...or you can simply MAKE your own. I have a bale of alfalfa hay and a bale of orchard. I run a handful (or two) of each through the food processor until they're about 1/4 inch long. The second and third links in my signature will give you a couple of ideas of what to do after that! These recipes work GREAT all year 'round...but especially during the winter.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Lots and lots of greens. Just try adding different types of greens. Try mixing it up so they get a variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.