food question

Status
Not open for further replies.

~April~

5 Year Member
Looking to get a greek Tort, been researching for awhile now. my main concern is conflicting ifnormation about what you should and shouldn't feed a Greek Tortiose. The only constant I find is dandelion, however I leave in NE Pennsylvania, and will not be able to get dendelion for several months at a time. I have also read that tortios pellets sold online and in pet stores are also not a good well rounded source of food. If someone woud PLEASE provide me with a list of good MAIN food to feed my Tort, along with "snack" type foods and ones to "stay away from" I would appreciate it. I might get to fullfill my dream of someday owning a Tort:)

colatoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
My Greek Buddha will eat weeds that just grow naturally here in SC. No pesticides in yard. They just seem to know what not to eat so I haven't been concerned with that. I also feed them mustard greens, turnip greens, and green leaf lettuce. I did buy some of the zoo med grassland tortoise food from the store and moisten with a little water. I keep a very shallow water dish in his enclosure too in case he gets thirty or needs a soak. You can search for the edible plant collection on here to get a pretty good list of plants that are safe for them. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.