Fogger for humidity, pics included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
SnakeyeZ said:
The ZooMed one came out after I bought my MistKing. I have seen it in action, and I am still happy with my MistKing. Once I got it all setup I have been happy with it. I haven't had any issues with it which is why I want another. I have mine hooked up to a 5 gallon pail, although you can do larger and smaller if you wanted too.

Hi
Are they expensive?
Does Casey usually have them?
My mister is a Zoo Med Habbamist and I'm sure a gnat could pee better than it squirts!:D
It started out ok I guess not great but we have hard water and I think the nozzle is too small and now it barely drips out-we have picked at it with needles etc.Also it needs filling at least daily and doesn't hold more than maybe a litre. My set up needs much more water than it can cope with.
Thanks

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I've been using the fogger since Saturday. So far it's been working fine. I've been reading negative reviews but I also see reviews from people that say that the reason most not all, are negative is because they aren't using RO water so it damages the inside of the mechanism. I guess we'll just hAve to wait this one out!

LindaF

5 Year Member
I've been using the zoo med repti fogger for about 8 months. It was under $50.00. It has held up great and works out very well. I like it because it keeps the air in the enclosure humid were spraying just makes things wet. It is nice when I am away at work and know I don't have to worry about the humidity levels. You just need to make sure you don't run it if the water is out. It has happened a few times, but it doesn't seem damaged. My red foot lives hanging out in the fog. When it turns on he always comes out of his hide.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Does it affect the temperature?

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Tortoise said:
SnakeyeZ said:
The ZooMed one came out after I bought my MistKing. I have seen it in action, and I am still happy with my MistKing. Once I got it all setup I have been happy with it. I haven't had any issues with it which is why I want another. I have mine hooked up to a 5 gallon pail, although you can do larger and smaller if you wanted too.

Hi
Are they expensive?
My mister is a Zoo Med Habbamist and I'm sure a gnat could pee better than it squirts!:D
It started out ok I guess not great but we have hard water and I think the nozzle is too small and now it barely drips out-we have picked at it with needles etc.Also it needs filling at least daily and doesn't hold more than maybe a litre. My set up needs much more water than it can cope with.
Thanks

Yes, Casey carrys them. That's where I got mine. I think he has one right now with 3 nozzles. When I originally bought mine it came with one nozzle and I ordered two additional ones.

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
Tortoise said:
Hi
Are they expensive?
Thanks
Soak the nozzle in concentrated vinegar over night, never pick at it with a needle, because it has a very specific shape. for about a hundred bucks you can get a good solid carbon filter that attaches to your sink and cleans most of the junk out, but occasional soaking in concentrated vinegar works quite well otherwise.

If you check inside you will often find a tube that can be extended to sit in a bucket of water, I always end up modifying stuff like that.

wildponey21

5 Year Member
i am getting a 6 week old leo on monday and i was wondering the same do i need to keep it humid. i know when they are adults they don't need alot of humdity.

Status
Not open for further replies.