Fertalizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pebblelu

5 Year Member
In another thread N2torts mentioned that if you put fertalizer on a potted plated you mainley just wash it a way by watering it. Now I have a couple hibuscus plantes that i bought a couple years ago for my tortoises. This year my husband has been taken care of them but he fertlize them every 2 weeks. so I haven't been giving any to the tortoises. So if it mainly just washes away would it be okay to give it to the tortoises. They get water 2 to 3 times a day. ( the fertilzer
is the kind you spray on with water)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I personally would not feed anything that has been treated with fertilizer, herbicide, insecticide or any other chemical....I would not offer a plant for an entire year cycle if I did not know the history of the plant....now, others will feed without problem, but these type of sprays and chemicals can store in the kidneys and other organs and I am just not comfortable....I offer organic offerings here along with natural grazing of items here on the property....but then again I do not give greens/fruits/veggies offerings to the humans either unless it is organic....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.