enclosure in high traffic area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripdsawyer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Getting enclosure ready for baby(established) leopard. Would like to have it in the living room so everyone can see him/her more often...but I do have 3 young children. Lots of running around playing, crying, screaming and so on. Will this be too much for the leopard or will it adapt. Looking at a fairly young leopard. Maybe 3 inches long.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Will this be too much

-so everyone can see him/her more often

-3 young children. Lots of running around playing, crying, screaming

-and so on

Yes, absolutely too much :D please be aware that you are obtaining a creature of solitude... a creature that is not designed to be handled as one would a dog or cat or bird or or or...a tortoise thrives best when all of its needs and requirements are met and then they are not bothered or pestered too much...a creature that likes alone time and alot of it..they can become stressed very very quickly and will little effort...so, I would say a quieter place, a place that you can regulate times that attention can be given and also restricted....;)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I agree with ascott, a place of quieter place is needed. The room you describe would be far too stressful.

ripdsawyer

5 Year Member
Ohio
Thanks. I had a feeling. Sometimes it is even too stressful for me lol.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I agree with the above.

I have a leopard and 2 boys under 4. The leopard's indoor enclosure is in my bedroom. He is either in there or in his outdoor pen in a "kid free" area of the yard.

Keeping him out of the common areas has been great. They see him or help me feed, etc. from time to time. But its one thing to have occasional attention and another to be smack in the middle of family craziness full time with no escape. ;)

ripdsawyer

5 Year Member
Ohio
The best thing I could come up with is the dining room. We never use it, kids seem to stay out of there. Could have been the bedroom...but my wife works 1st shift and I 3rds...so she would never get to see him or help with him. But the dining room is MUCH more quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.