Eastern box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lcudd00

5 Year Member
Do you guys know how I can get me eastern box turtle to eat a wide variety of insects and vegetables? Right now he's eating crickets,and red worms.I put collard greens in there just in case he will eat them but I can't get him to

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
What I do ( It's not fast ) but like kids
Feed first what they don't like( like greens) and a good portion then feed
Next what they like a little more right
On top if they grab fast at the bug they
May Evan get greens with their bug.
It works for me

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baltimore, Md
I was having the same problem w/mine... They only wanted to eat the earthworms... So I tried a variety of fruits n veggies (with some greens that I snuck in) in the morning, then would offer the earthworms after they ate a good bit of the morning mix.. Mine seem to prefer mushroom, tomatoes, green peppers, carrots, grapes, apples, pears n they LOVE strawberries... I just chopped all the fruits n veggies up n mixed them together... Then I would finely chop whatever greens I wanted them to eat n mix it in, so they didn't notice it in between the good stuff ;) I wouldn't leave the mixture in there all day, especially w/the tomatoes n apples n such, because it tends to turn sour, especially when it's hot... I'd say 6 hours max... Good luck :)

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
oh boy, picky eaters arent fun. theres a method practiced with tortoises (turtles arent my area of expertise) that if you cant get them to eat something they should, dont feed for a couple days so theyre hungry, then try feeding it to them. however, turtles may be a different story. i would say try the methods already posted here, and if you absolutely have to (for the turtles well-being obviously) then give this one a go. good luck, hope something works.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Can anyone help, or know someone who can help?

Oops wrong thread... Sorry :)

RoofSkillz

5 Year Member
Mine loves the super worms. She's not big on veggies loves fruit !!!! But I'm gonna try some of these tips !!!!
Thanks u all !!

Status
Not open for further replies.