Dee It's Dove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
This shy little beauty came from Dee. I have to tell on myself. I am use to Dove being inside in her much smaller enclosure. I never thought about the fact that a smaller enclosure means the tortoise looks larger. When I came home after being gone for several weeks, I rushed out to see how all the tortoises were enjoying the new pens we had finished just movements before leaving. A quick glance thru her pen and no Dove was to be seen. I did finally see her, but she looked so small. I was mentally looking for a much larger Dove.
008.jpg

I told Dove to come out of her shell, that you were going to be seeing this Dee.
012.jpg

When inside, this sweet little girl makes so much noise eating her greens, you can be several rooms away and hear her.
011.jpg

This is one of the kids. She is just the most active and outgoing Leopard I have ever seen.
061.jpg

The two little leopard kids together. The bigger one is actually a couple of months younger then the larger one.
066.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Dove is sooo adorable :D, she looks all shy, too cute!
The pic of the 2 kids is really nice, I love pictures :D

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
AWWWWW Dove is beautiful. What a lovely name too, it suits her to a tee Jacqui !! They're both lovely. I can see in the pic that the little one is very outgoing :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Jacqui, What a lovely little Leo Dove is. Both the 'kids' look great and congratulations on Dove. I agree that is such a delicate lovely name for her. :)

sift

5 Year Member
What a bunch of cuties!! I wish I had the space for one of those babies!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Hi Jacqui! I have had no computer for 4 days. So, what a nice surprise to come on and see Dove. She looks great! She is such a shy girl! She was actually named in tribute to Stevie Nicks!

M

Maggie Cummings

Very nice looking smooth carapaces...They look really nice...but I don't understand...the bigger one is younger than the larger one?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I've had that happen to me once, I got a 2 week old greek and a 3 month old greek, and at about a year old the 2 week old was bigger then the older one. Werid how it happens.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
maggie3fan said:
Very nice looking smooth carapaces...They look really nice...but I don't understand...the bigger one is younger than the larger one?

Too bad my mind sometimes doesn't communicate correctly with the fingers. :D I meant to type that the big one is actually several months older then the small one. The small one inspite of being more active just doesn't grow as well.

M

Maggie Cummings

And that is exactly what I was going for. I would be willing to bet the farm that the smaller one is being bullied. Thee is also mental bullying that happens. But that sentence and the picture say that he's being bullied. Can you separate them? Or feed them separately?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
maggie3fan said:
And that is exactly what I was going for. I would be willing to bet the farm that the smaller one is being bullied. Thee is also mental bullying that happens. But that sentence and the picture say that he's being bullied. Can you separate them? Or feed them separately?

Actually he started off being by itself and had problems even then. Of the two, the smaller one is actually the more aggressive one, but not a bully either. It's almost always the first to eat, wade into the new water or check things out.

Also incase this isn't clear, Dove lives currently by herself and the two little ones live together.

Status
Not open for further replies.