Day -time Play Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlshead19

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Clearwater, Florida
I just put together this play yard for Fernando (red-foot) and am working on the finishing touches - I am hunting for something better for a water source and a nice hide. Anyone have any good ideas for something inexpensive?

Attachments

• Picture 220.jpg
    Picture 220.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 219.jpg
    Picture 219.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 76

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Nice safe play pen. You can use a plant saucer for water and a plant pot on its side for a hide :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
When your done, he's going to be so happy in it. Looking good so far. I like using the plant saucers myself, too.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
You can use a tuperware or a box with a hole cut in it. Flower pots tend to do better when sunk into the ground, and it looks like this is meant to be portable? If its not portable, I'd dig a burrow to add some protection from heat. I'd do a hide in the shaded part and one in the sunnier part so the tort can hide and stay warmer if they choose. The more shade the better to make the tort feel safe, and with a redfoot, its more the fresh air and being outside than needing to get the UVB from the sun. The plant saucer with some river rocks will probably do great on top of the grass as that will weight it down. Make sure your lawn is chemical free (at least for the last 3-6 months), and that looks great!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ooo come make one for my tortoise!
I use a frisbee for my little Russian's outdoor water dish. I put some small river rocks in it too because it was a little slippery.

Status
Not open for further replies.