Day 3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
After observing Dude in the setup he came with I made some changes ( Thanks to all the knowledge I've gained in TFO) they seem to be helping. He wasn't very active, and his previous owner described him as shy. I upped his temps with a new Powersun bulb, he gets a soak every morning, outside time, humid hide (okay, he just sleeps next to that one) 2 new hides, and a slate basking spot.

He has eaten ALL of his food today and is cruising around. When I pick him up, he doesn't pull into his shell, but gives a great "whaddup?" look.

I love seeing the change!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
That's great news. I learn new things on here everyday.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I cannot BELIEVE you did this thread without a picture. Sheesh... Come on.... We'd all like to see the "whaddup?" look. :)

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
LOL Tom, you are right! He's sleeping right now, I'll work on getting a good picture :)

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Great, today he's sleeping all day. Could he be tired out from big eating and activity yesterday?

Urtle

5 Year Member
pugsandkids said:
LOL Tom, you are right! He's sleeping right now, I'll work on getting a good picture :)

duh hes right! you give us cereal with no milk? :p

jason g.

5 Year Member
pugsandkids said:
Great, today he's sleeping all day. Could he be tired out from big eating and activity yesterday?

Rodney was unusually super active 2 days ago. He was outside for about 8 hours without hiding or anything. I was shocked even did his soak outside. The next day was different though. Poor guy was so wore out he only came out for about 2 hours yesterday. Back to normal today. Oh yeah they make good dog poop finders. I cleaned my whole yard before I let him roam the yard outside his enclosure. I thought I did a good job. Rod let me know I suck. He found 5 more piles.

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Ha.. Yes our little sullie are the best pooper scoopers ever... Willies nickname is scooper..

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
mary t said:
Ha.. Yes our little sullie are the best pooper scoopers ever... Willies nickname is scooper..

Haha! Too funny! XD I was about to mention that... Why do they do that? I take my sullie to the park and she finds every little rabbit turd there is!!

jason g.

5 Year Member
KimandKarasi said:
Haha! Too funny! XD I was about to mention that... Why do they do that? I take my sullie to the park and she finds every little rabbit turd there is!!

I don't know but everytime I see him stop and bury his head in the grass to the root I know he found some poop. My yard is clean clean in the one half. He's not braved the other half yet. Lol he found stuff that was so old it looked like dirt. They must have a good scince of smell cause he finds flowers I lay around the house too. They are so cool.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
When I took him outside for a cruise, he was finding old nasties to eat!

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
If willies finds it, he burrs down and then will turn around, like if I don't see you you can't see me. It's almost become a game... Wow after reading what I just wrote- I might need a life... I seem to spend a lot of time walking around with my tortoise .. Oh well he is super cute and doesn't talk back like the rest of the men in my hOuse...lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.