Daisy Lou + Vet + Xray = :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I am so sorry! I hope everything works out!

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I'm sorry to hear your tortoise is having a medical issue. If its any consolation, the tortoise is lucky to have you and I hope others will follow your example when it comes to taking the necessary action that is needed to properly care for a tort. I dont want to go off topic, but it goes to show that its not age, physics or geography that make worthy tortoise keepers, its knowledge, the willing to learn and adapt and most of all compassion. no one could be doing more.....all the best

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It is entirely possible that the previous owner knew or had an idea of how bad off she was and dumped her, it happens often at the turtle club. Well wishes I know how painful those stones can be, from family experience not personal.

Annieski

5 Year Member
Edison, N.J.
IMHO----there are 2 very large densities[stones] in the lower 1/2 of the abdominal cavity--that could possibly be as "big" as the stone that was previously passed. My concern would be the density that is higher-up---that appears to be "square-shaped". That,to me, looks like some kind of foreign body[stones do not show up square]. And that density seems to be blocking the intestine because there is very little "air" in that portion of the x-ray. DaisyLou cold have "eaten" a piece of some kind of metal--which posses it's own set of problems due to the metal degregating with stomach-acids. Either way it all must be removed--and then the digestive system will need x-tra med's and time to heal from the inflammation.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks everyone! We are about to leave, I am warming up Daisy Lou and the car, so the doctors can get a good look at her and she won't be stiff and cold!! I am scared.....

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
me and tobi are praying for daisy.. i love daisy, i alwys follow ur threads on her.. best of luck to u. u made me cry when i read that daisy's back has tear drops on it, hugs to u and daisy. cant wait to hear what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.