Corn Husks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
An Sulcatas eat corn husks. Just ventured into my kitchen for the first time this week and made some ears of corn. wondered if my girls could eat the husks. Planted a fern in their enclosure today after finding one from the edible landscaping list that was organically grown. Babette LOVED it! She never goes after anything new quickly, she chowed on it immediately.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I feed corn on the cob to my box turtles and tortoises occasionally. Some of the smaller species just eat the corn off the cob, but the bigger tortoises, like the Aldabrans and Manouria eat the cob too. I wouldn't do this on a regular basis. I give it to them as a treat maybe 3 or 4 times a summer.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
There are a bunch more links at the bottom of the page there too...

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
Thanks again. I read them all. ;). Babette is the laziest eater, Scarlet is far more of a grazer. I was thrilled when Babs immediately fell in love with their new fern and succulent plants. Usually Babs is reluctant to try anything new, it takes her awhile to warm up to change. She was up grazing on the fern by 7:30. She usually wakes up and then basks until 8 before she gets interested in breakfast.

She is prone to tort tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants the minute she wants it. Quite a stubborn gal. My husband gets great enjoyment from my frustrations with her stubbornness lol.

Scarlet loves, loves, loves to be hand fed, yet she also loves to graze. Yes, she is getting to be a bit spoiled. I am willing to do anything to get her to gain weight. She is so undersized and was not on a healthy diet before I rescued her. She doesn't have parasites, typical tort poop routine, well hydrated and urates once or twice a week-twice if she ears broccoli, but toothpaste consistency and not chalky

I can trick her into Mazuri only rarely. Suggestions? She isn't losing weight, just not gaining at all. She had far more pyramiding than Babs when I got them. I've already notice slight improvement in Babs because of her growth, new diet and proper enclosures indoor and ourdoors

Status
Not open for further replies.