Concussion?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Some years ago , my mother was on the only visit she ever made to me here in the Middle East. For some unknown reason I took it into my head to attack an overgrown oleander plant. It was dusty & dirty work , & after making a complete mess of myself I suddenly got tunnel vision , VERY scary. I laid down for an hour & thankfully it all righted itself. Never to return. This might be like that , just a one off.
I'm sorry but this is not quite the same thing. I am no doctor but I pretty much guarantee this is a concussion and the effects can be long-lasting. Chances are she is now recovering and there won't be any more issues but I think it is better safe than sorry.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Pff. I've worked in medical insurance for 9 years. I know exactly how helpful Obamacare will be.....

This is sarcasm right? If you are feeling fine now, you have not throbbing in your head in the area and it has now been a couple days gone by...I am not sure of what can be done at this point anyways?????

Delilah1623

This is sarcasm right? If you are feeling fine now, you have not throbbing in your head in the area and it has now been a couple days gone by...I am not sure of what can be done at this point anyways?????
I agree if there was something serious going on I'd know by now. It's the sleeping for an entire day that weirds me out but at least my family knows that check in in me just in case :p

Delilah1623

It's the whole going Wednesday night and waking up Friday at 5pm with no recollection of anything in between that makes me nervous

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
It's the whole going Wednesday night and waking up Friday at 5pm with no recollection of anything in between that makes me nervous

In your initial post you say you "bumped" your head....exactly what happened? I mean, I have bumped by head a time or two and I have also damn near knocked my self into the next week a couple of times.....what is your version of a "bump" to the head?

Delilah1623

In your initial post you say you "bumped" your head....exactly what happened? I mean, I have bumped by head a time or two and I have also damn near knocked my self into the next week a couple of times.....what is your version of a "bump" to the head?
I fell in the shower which I believe was due to si us issues caused by the mild they were cleaning up at work. Not a bug deal on the own but it happened to be the same spot I hit a couple on a tree branch while hanging up christmas lights at my parents house. That time I did had extreme dizziness and vomiting.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I fell in the shower which I believe was due to si us issues caused by the mild they were cleaning up at work. Not a bug deal on the own but it happened to be the same spot I hit a couple on a tree branch while hanging up christmas lights at my parents house. That time I did had extreme dizziness and vomiting.

Danger Signs — Adults

In rare cases, along with a concussion, a dangerous blood clot may form on the brain and crowd the brain against the skull. Contact your doctor or emergency department right away if, after a blow or jolt to the head, you have any of these danger signs:

• Headaches that get worse
  • Weakness, numbness, or decreased coordination
  • Repeated vomiting
The people checking on you should take you to an emergency department right away if you:

• Cannot be awakened
  • Have one pupil — the black part in the middle of the eye — larger than the other
  • Have convulsions or seizures
  • Have slurred speech
  • Are getting more and more confused, restless, or agitated

Seems to me, you may know already what you should do....;)

Last edited by a moderator: