Cherry Head RF Owner for ~5 years :)

Benneli

5 Year Member
Hi There :) I own a female (I'm pretty sure) cherry head RF. She'll be 6 this October.

Anyway, just thought I'd check out the site more since I've found help here once before.

Thinking about doing some rescuing and maybe one day breeding. I'd like to start with rescues first though and see how I do. Suggestions on where to start? I'm a college student and live in west TN.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

What are you planning to rescue? Usually the clubs and rescues have water turtles and sulcatas. You hardly ever find RF tortoises - occasionally a Russian. Watch your local Craig's list ads. You can sometimes find pretty cheap and even free tortoises there.

Whatever you do, whether you buy or find one in a Rescue, quarantine for at least 3 months and keep species separate forever.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome! I agree with Yvonne.
You might keep an eye on Craigslist to see people who sell Redfoots. I rarely see Cherry Head postings. If this is what you are looking for, there are very good breeders on this forum.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . The problem you have is what we have it's called " Lay's problem " it means torts are like Lays chips you cannt eat just one . Or when you have one tort you always want just one more :)

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum