Can I please get a concensus?

lendube

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego Mtns.
It's become a sore subject between my husband and me and we seldom get fired up over something. What type of tortoise do we have here? We know it's important as to care. We are in the mountains of San Diego county, California. Thanks everyone!IMG_1505.JPG IMG_1502.JPG IMG_1507.JPG IMG_1506.JPG

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
You absolutely have a Hermann's, not one single doubt about it and it's an Eastern, Testudo hermanni boettgeri. Thanks for notifying me Kelly.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So can you and hubby stop fighting now? What did each of you think it was?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That's what I was wondering, who had picked which tortoise as the right answer?

lendube

5 Year Member
San Diego Mtns.
Oh, thank you so much! Nah, it was more each of us holding our ground in a stubborn manner, Tom. We're long time happily married. :)

It's what I thought after doing my research using Chris' videos and other website. Hubby thought it was a Desert Tortoise based on the fact that we live only 6 miles from the high desert and it's more likely that than a wandering pet. I'll point out your credentials, Chris, and then I'll be nice and not gloat. (Well maybe a little.... ;) ) And thanks, Kelly, for notifying Chris.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Now you can joke with him that its from the "Mediterranean desert". :D

lendube

5 Year Member
San Diego Mtns.
Oh, I'll joke with him alright............. ;) Chris, I watched one of your earlier videos and what a good job you did. A pleasure to watch. I'll watch the others and check out your two sites now that I know for certain what I have. You are a wealth of information. (And the same age as my son, I happened to notice somewhere along the way. TMNT have anything to do with developing your interest?? lol ;) jk )

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Thanks for the kind words, plenty of people on here are just as much of a tortoise nerd as I am so you can't go wrong with any of them.

Well of course TMNT were a major part of my earlier years but about 26 years ago when I was 5, my father found a box turtle in the yard and....well, the rest is history.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Let me see if I can help the husband this is a Hermanni ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402884152.317749.jpg this is a ADT for future ref. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402884217.865256.jpgdoes that help ? Have agreat tort day :)

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Looks like all the experts already answer your question and provided with lots suggestion. So I just here to welcome you as a fellow Hermann owner. Welcome.

IMG_0655.JPG

lendube

5 Year Member
San Diego Mtns.
Oh the hours my kids spent dressed up and playing Ninja turtles! They had a blast. Thanks for the pictures. To someone new to these wonderful beasties it's all a bit confusing. I feel like I'm learning quickly though. The internet is so awesome! I'm so happy to be here on this very friendly board. I run a small sewing message board myself and partake in a couple of others. It's a wonderful way to interact with folks with similar interests right from your own home. Thank you for making me feel welcome, folks!