Brought Henry Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianhenry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Yay! After a month of looking for a russian we went back to the original pet store. I called the vet(listed on here) and he recommended the place. So I finally brought Henry home, only Henry is a she so I need a new name lol. She is chillin in her log. Im going to take her out to soak in a little bit. I will put pictures up in a little bit. :)

russianhenry

5 Year Member
Texas
Ok so when I first brought her home yesterday she was all active and moving around after I soaked her for a little bit, however today she has hidden in her log ALL day. I took her out and she basked for like five minutes then went right back to the log. I thought that maybe it was too hot in her enclosure so she was moving to the opposite side so I turned it down a little bit. She is still sleeping in her log though. They people at the pet store said it was because she is getting used to her new home. Did anything like this happen to any one else? Im kinda worried.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
russianhenry said:
Ok so when I first brought her home yesterday she was all active and moving around after I soaked her for a little bit, however today she has hidden in her log ALL day. I took her out and she basked for like five minutes then went right back to the log. I thought that maybe it was too hot in her enclosure so she was moving to the opposite side so I turned it down a little bit. She is still sleeping in her log though. They people at the pet store said it was because she is getting used to her new home. Did anything like this happen to any one else? Im kinda worried.

"Going shy" is perfectly normal when your tort gets a new environment...in a week, maybe less, Henryetta will feel secure again.

In the meantime, just make sure that she's warm enough and has tasty foods available...it won't take long. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.