Bask sleeping?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Yes. Normal. What is the temperature in the basking spot?

Tortloverr

Virginia, USA
Yes. Normal. What is the temperature in the basking spot?

It's around 89.5, which I believe from what I've read is a little too low. I've been trying to get the right height for a couple days, I had a different bulb that wasn't working properly so I'm still working on getting this one exactly where it needs to be

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's around 89.5, which I believe from what I've read is a little too low. I've been trying to get the right height for a couple days, I had a different bulb that wasn't working properly so I'm still working on getting this one exactly where it needs to be
Fractionally closer to the substrate and it will be just perfect. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Often a tort that lays directly under the heat surge for long periods of time is just trying to get warmer. Sounds like that might be what is going on.

Its also kind of neat that your tortoise feels so comfortable that it is willing to just bask and relax out in the open like that.