"Banned"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
I was just looking through old posts and found my old account (I ended up losing my password and for some hinky reason it wouldn't let me set a new one so I ended up just making a new account) is banned, I didn't think I'd done anything inappropriate, I know the email it was set up with was pretty riddled with viruses, which is why I changed emails. Did something happen that I didn't see? I'm kinda curious.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
No, you did nothing wrong. Some times it will do an auto ban on a good member. :( Hopefully the people come back in and ask for it to be fixed. Once you set up a new account, your old one may be banned or deleted, as your allowed only one account. So your good. :D

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
RE: "Banned"

Awesome! I had mental images of tortoise scandal and such.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
No, when you changed your username, I had to ban the old one, since we're only allowed one username per person. I wish us mods had a different venue to get rid of old usernames besides banning them, but that is all that's available to us. If memory serves, you had asked us to change your account from the old name to the new one. That's the only way I have to change accounts - by banning the old one.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
RE: "Banned"

emysemys said:
No, when you changed your username, I had to ban the old one, since we're only allowed one username per person. I wish us mods had a different venue to get rid of old usernames besides banning them, but that is all that's available to us. If memory serves, you had asked us to change your account from the old name to the new one. That's the only way I have to change accounts - by banning the old one.

Huh, I must have just forgotten! I'm used to other forums only banning for bad stuff, so I was worried that a virus had somehow gotten on it and started doing bad things that I'd just never heard about.

Status
Not open for further replies.