Artemis has me wondering...

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
Well, now I'm curious if it's possible to identify the breed of Artemis! I'm guilty of having a bad memory of the breeder I ordered her/ him from back in 2016
(Vicki Vale I believe was her name)
Here are some pics with their scale layouts shown. The head scales are very orange and fade to a brighter red at the back the the head and only right at the neck. Has some nice bright yellow cheek scales. Bright red legs with spur scales. Waistline of a male.20230117_140452.jpg20230117_140412.jpg20230117_140319.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well, now I'm curious if it's possible to identify the breed of Artemis! I'm guilty of having a bad memory of the breeder I ordered her/ him from back in 2016
(Vicki Vale I believe was her name)
Here are some pics with their scale layouts shown. The head scales are very orange and fade to a brighter red at the back the the head and only right at the neck. Has some nice bright yellow cheek scales. Bright red legs with spur scales. Waistline of a male.View attachment 353455View attachment 353456View attachment 353457
I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.🤗but s/he's so beautiful 😍. S/he just looks like a teen to me. Maybe just because of that s/he'll be eating you out of house and home for a while.🐢

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.🤗but s/he's so beautiful 😍. S/he just looks like a teen to me. Maybe just because of that s/he'll be eating you out of house and home for a while.🐢
Oh yeah.
He could top out at over 16", but feeding them isn't too bad. Because they can eat just about anything that's in your garden, yard or kitchen