And another noob.

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
roly polys are scavengers/decomposers(??) you'll find them under rocks and in leaf litter esp in fall.. I have bricks at the edge of my driveway I turn over every few days and I can collect 10-20 just about every other time..

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello and welcome officially, I believe we've crossed paths in another thread though haha.
the size tank for now will be fine but i'm assuming you're aware it'll only work for so long. Its so good that as a parent you're here figuring out how to care properly for your son and to be informed, and with kids and torts many parents discover themselves a proud tort parent after the kid moves on to college... or will end up with another tot since they're used to having them around (haha I picture my aunt getting one when my cousin moves out with hers!!)
For predator proofing, mostly when the little one gets bigger since I wouldn't personally have a tiny guy outside, put wire on the top of the built enclosure/pen I'll always have to worry about hawks here so next year when my Nank goes outside it'll be wire topped.

JAYGEE

roly polys are scavengers/decomposers(??) you'll find them under rocks and in leaf litter esp in fall.. I have bricks at the edge of my driveway I turn over every few days and I can collect 10-20 just about every other time..
We found about 10 during a 30 minute search. Ill have the kids checking daily for them.
Hello and welcome officially, I believe we've crossed paths in another thread though haha.
the size tank for now will be fine but i'm assuming you're aware it'll only work for so long. Its so good that as a parent you're here figuring out how to care properly for your son and to be informed, and with kids and torts many parents discover themselves a proud tort parent after the kid moves on to college... or will end up with another tot since they're used to having them around (haha I picture my aunt getting one when my cousin moves out with hers!!)
For predator proofing, mostly when the little one gets bigger since I wouldn't personally have a tiny guy outside, put wire on the top of the built enclosure/pen I'll always have to worry about hawks here so next year when my Nank goes outside it'll be wire topped.
Hi! I plan on upgrading as it grows, and plan on building a outdoor pen for it when it gets a tad bit bigger.