8 Year Old Female Leopard..

Lynn Garrat

I may re-home my 8 year-old Leopard "if" I can find the perfect long term home.. :( She is precious. Some pyramiding though but very beautiful.. I learned slowly the correct care for her.

I travel a lot and it is becoming very difficult to keep her safe and warm in winters.
She loves, loves to free range. If you are highly experienced and are in this for the long term and have a huge enclosure in a warm climate, I would like to talk or email w you. I will take her back at any time if your life presents challenges at some point.

Thank You..

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
When I had to rehome some of my tortoises (moved from SoCal to Oregon) I was picky about where they went.
I specifically sought out Monica @Elohi and asked her if she'd adopt one! I've followed her care since she joined TFO and knew she'd be a great home. She was shocked and excited that I contacted her and agreed to take a tortoise.
We keep in touch constantly and she shares pics and updates. I couldn't be happier with her as my torts new home. In fact, I've put her in my will (so to speak) as the one who will take my leopard, Levi if I die ;)

I share this because I think you've been in touch with her and wanted you to hear my experience with adopting out a tort to her.

There are many other good homes out there too. My suggestion is to pick someone who's been active on the forum. Check their thread history and even get referrals.

Good luck with your rehoming.

Lynn Garrat

Heather,
Very sweet of you to give Monica that reference. This is all so hard to do, but Monica is a top runner for my choice. I have just begun reviewing the replies. So I hope she hangs in with me while I review the other threads... I am sure some of the new members would be fabulous homes but someone who has been involved long term, is indeed the most settling to my heart. The torts are just so very sweet and innocent. They live so very long. Its quite a task to guarantee their well being. :) Thanks Again... Your note is so very much appreciated. The good news is, although I am a little concerned with the interest to breed my girl. I do think she is quite fertile and a dedicated keeper deserves to experience some hatchlings every now and then :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Just because I'm curious, what are your reservations about her possibly being bred? I have no breeding experience but maybe those that do, could have some comforting advice in regards to your concern. Just a thought.

The tort I sent Monica was believed to be a female. I felt confident in her commitment to the torts and wanted to contribute to her breeding future. Unfortunately he revealed his true gender a few months after the adoption. Sorry Monica! LOL

I don't want to share too much publicly about her, since I'm not her... But I'll say that in our private talks, I've seen her dedicate her time, energy and money in ways that I'm not even sure I would have.

Ok, I'll get off my Monica soap box now lol ;)

I'm glad to hear you care about finding your tort a good home. Don't get too overwhelmed in the adoption review process :tort:

Lynn Garrat

Being Gravid actually poses some danger to the female tortoise. She is still a bit young, she is actually only 7 not 8 too. I miscalculated when I got her. I've read quite a bit on breeding and sometimes things go wrong. I am not saying that is off limits for her new keeper, but there is risk.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Being Gravid actually poses some danger to the female tortoise. She is still a bit young, she is actually only 7 not 8 too. I miscalculated when I got her. I've read quite a bit on breeding and sometimes things go wrong. I am not saying that is off limits for her new keeper, but there is risk.
I wouldnt let that be a concern. @Elohi has some of the best and well kept leopards on the forum. I understand why it may worry you, but she would give it a phenomenal home regardless. I wouldnt think that should be a deal breaker. Its a natural process and maybe someday you could raise some of her own offspring.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I wouldnt let that be a concern. @Elohi has some of the best and well kept leopards on the forum. I understand why it may worry you, but she would give it a phenomenal home regardless. I wouldnt think that should be a deal breaker. Its a natural process and maybe someday you could raise some of her own offspring.
Wow! Thank you for the kind words! :)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
When I had to rehome some of my tortoises (moved from SoCal to Oregon) I was picky about where they went.
I specifically sought out Monica @Elohi and asked her if she'd adopt one! I've followed her care since she joined TFO and knew she'd be a great home. She was shocked and excited that I contacted her and agreed to take a tortoise.
We keep in touch constantly and she shares pics and updates. I couldn't be happier with her as my torts new home. In fact, I've put her in my will (so to speak) as the one who will take my leopard, Levi if I die ;)

I share this because I think you've been in touch with her and wanted you to hear my experience with adopting out a tort to her.

There are many other good homes out there too. My suggestion is to pick someone who's been active on the forum. Check their thread history and even get referrals.

Just because I'm curious, what are your reservations about her possibly being bred? I have no breeding experience but maybe those that do, could have some comforting advice in regards to your concern. Just a thought.

The tort I sent Monica was believed to be a female. I felt confident in her commitment to the torts and wanted to contribute to her breeding future. Unfortunately he revealed his true gender a few months after the adoption. Sorry Monica! LOL

I don't want to share too much publicly about her, since I'm not her... But I'll say that in our private talks, I've seen her dedicate her time, energy and money in ways that I'm not even sure I would have.

Ok, I'll get off my Monica soap box now lol ;)

I'm glad to hear you care about finding your tort a good home. Don't get too overwhelmed in the adoption review process :tort:
Heather @Team Gomberg thank you for the kind words and recommendation. I really appreciate it and appreciate you. And I am so happy to have a dude named Summer. He's an awfully cool guy and fit right in with my group.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas

Monica is indeed a leopard queen. Her exemplary care and obsession would lead me to believe they are the first "kids" to get food in the house :)

Lynn Garrat

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful outreach on re-homing my precious girl. There were many great options to choose from. I have made a decision, based on largest habitat and longest experience. She will be going to South Texas and I am sure she will have a fabulous home.