1.5 year old Leo wont extend back left leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello. I've got a friend that just called me up and asked me this question, and I dont have a good answer for them.

They have a little leopard tort about 1.5 years old, and its back leg wont extend out to walk. It just walks along without extending it.

What can my friend do? I suggested take it to a Vet.

Any ideas?

Thank you! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It could be any number of things that only a first hand look can solve. Pulled muscle, sticker, broken bone...no way for us to tell. Sometimes when they're calcium deprived they have a hard time walking too.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
all of the other legs work just fine. eats mazuri and used to be on a calcium supplement. gets plenty of natural sunshine, my friend made a 9:30am appointment with Dr. Tom Greek this Friday. we will see what the experts say!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
It could be any number of things that only a first hand look can solve. Pulled muscle, sticker, broken bone...no way for us to tell. Sometimes when they're calcium deprived they have a hard time walking too.

Iam very interested to follow this .... I once had a female sully who after catching cold and being treated did not leave her hide for days. Soon she would venture out , but it seemd like she developed " muscle atrophy" ... and not fully having " full" strength in her rear legs. Like they were " asleep" she could move them in and out ..but it was like in slow motion.
Hope to hear more info
:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cory:

Was this the same tortoise that you showed the X-Ray of on the other thread?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Cory I thought you had already taken this one to a vet? I'm confused now. Did they never get back to you on what the x-ray showed? :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Candy: This is the original post about the tortoise. I don't know how it got revived. There is more information about it on the subsequent post that shows the X-rays. Maybe it would be a good idea for me to close this post? I'll put the link to the other thread and close this one.

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-12544.html

Status
Not open for further replies.