What profession or job do you work at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristal redfoot

5 Year Member
I teach little kids to swim for free but I was also thinkinv about setting up my own private lessons.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cali
jfb2733 said:
Firefighter

Oops i replied to yours lol it was meant for andrea haha sorry

AndreaRosie said:
I don't know right now, but either way it will be exciting! Usually when I say those to things people have no idea what I am talking about! Hahaha!

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
full-time college student. Studying to be a nurse. Only three more semesters to go. Also drive a shuttle van, and volunteer at a school for children with disabilities.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I am currently a college student. I have my BA in liberal studies: multiple subject, with a concentration in exceptional children and youth (special education). I am going to start my credential so that I can teach moderate/severe children with special needs. My current job is as a behavioral interventionist with children that have autism and other disabilities.

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
Terry Allan Hall said:
Worked in the Developementally Disabled field (ran a group home for adults w/ mental retardation and, later worked in a sheltered workshop for same, teaching work and life skills...rewarding work, but terrible pay!) for quite a few years, until I got injured, so now I sing and play guitar in nursing homes, festivals, restaurants, farmer's markets, private parties and other places. Also give lessons, do some repair on musical instruments and that sort of thing.

With my partner-in-musical crimes, John​

So, I suppose it'd be fair to say that I'm a Professional Goof-Off... :p

My favorite! I've always wanted to learn to play so I could sing in homes, to kids etc it's such a healing and bonding thing for all involved. Good on you!

Blake m said:
I am currently a college student. I have my BA in liberal studies: multiple subject, with a concentration in exceptional children and youth (special education). I am going to start my credential so that I can teach moderate/severe children with special needs. My current job is as a behavioral interventionist with children that have autism and other disabilities.

Wow that sounds extremely rewarding and challenging at the same time. What an amazing career choice.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ChiKat said:
I have a degree in elementary education and I would like to teach kindergarten, first, or second grade.
But I am currently a nanny while I wait to get certified in Cali, since I just moved here from IL. In a few weeks I will start my job watching a 3-year old boy named Liam. :D

wellington said:
emysemys said:
I clean up after animals.
Hey, I do that too. They pay sucks, but the benefits are great:)
That made me go "awww" ;)

bigred said:
Male prostitute

I burst out laughing. Even if it's true, I'm not judging! :p

No just kidding, that would be illegal:D

cmitch

5 Year Member
Reno nv
Esthetician mainly do eyelash extensions all day

mlnauman

5 Year Member
Whidbey Island WA
I work for the government and several of you are under arrest!! only teasing about the second part!! I work for the FAA...but I'm on the people side of the system ( I don't control aircraft or fix radars)

My husband is retired from FAA and I have retirement envy - 2 years to go...sigh

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
I have been a self employed painting contractor/faux finisher/muralist for years.

IMAG0719.jpgIMAG0732.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Im a project superintendent for multifamily construction. Mainly assisted livings/senior communities. Also a very busy tortoise care taker.

Status
Not open for further replies.