Short video of Jill eating out of my hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Jill is one of my two new females. She is very tame - her previous owner had her for 4 years, and treated her well.

Here is a video of her eating some kale.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0KGA0OvYVg[/video]

Please excuse the squeaking in the background, that is my male, Roz, mating with one of my other females... that little piggy!

mrs strong dozer

5 Year Member
Too cute! I can only get mine to eat apple out of mine and that's just a special treat thing! But I keep trying :)

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Yeah, it seems to be a tortoise personality thing. Jill, Mila, and Roz all readily eat out of my hand. Timmy (my big female) won't even take a treat out of my hand.

mrs strong dozer said:
Too cute! I can only get mine to eat apple out of mine and that's just a special treat thing! But I keep trying :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
So cool! I can only get Elsa to eat dandelion flowers from my hand. Hungry little fella!!!

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Oh my word. We laugh so hard when our male is "busy" - I recorded video of it, but wasn't sure if it was inappropriate to post, so haven't. He sounds like a rubber ducky when he's mating! My friend has a breeding pair of sulcatas, and she says hers grunt. She thinks it is hilarious that small tortoises squeak. ;)

jeninak907 said:
I didn't know males "squeaked" ROFL.....

Status
Not open for further replies.