RIP ROBIN WILLIAMS

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not my fave. But I did like him in his more serious roles. Except Mrs Doubtfire, I,really liked that one.
It's sad that a comedian can suffer so badly with depression. It's too bad.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
He was my favorite comedian, I loved listening to his standup act and I liked most of his movies. He was hilarious but he could also do the serious roles as well. I think it is tragic that this happened and he could not get the help he needed. Very sad.:-(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Man, why thats just crazy how he could make everybody smile but himself.

That's what I think is so sad about it. It seems to be a pretty common thing amount comedians too. That and the drug and alcohol addictions. He was clean for 20 years and then fell off the wagon a few years back. They reported he was back in rehab this summer to try and get clean again. The depression I guess he has battled with for a long time. He was even open about his problems. Sad he couldn't get the help that would have worked for him.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
So sad. I used to watch Mork and Mindy all the time. He will always be Mork to me. Depression is an illness just like cancer. It is too often fatal. When my nephew completed suicide 3 months ago I had a friend say to me "I don't understand how someone can get to that point. It's the most selfish and cowardly thing he could have done." Needless to say, it was a good thing we were talking online and not in person. He, and Robin Williams died of a diseased mind. Not because they made a selfish and cowardly decision.

annastortoise

Even though I'm younger than all of you, I still got to watch Mrs. doubtfire and I LOVED it. I am so saddened by the news of his death. RIP. :(

:p I <3 Russians :p

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I just watched Mrs.Doubtfire in honor of a fabulous and talented man.
I already miss you :(

ditzyangeluk

Sudbury, Suffolk, UK
I love Patch Adams - brilliant film.
Depression is a terrible thing - the darkness and hopelessness just hangs sometimes, or comes from nowhere