Reduce heat loss on a tortoise table

Mar0296

Location (City and/or State)
Cambridgeshire, uk
Hi, I have hermann tortoise and are in a tortoise table. I’m try to be a bit cost effectiv. Are there any suggestions of how to reduce some heat loss from my table,

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Enclose the Tort Table with a plastic greenhouse, there are all over the internet. Most people with tort tables do this to keep Heat and Humidity in.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi and welcome! To be sure that everything is OK with your tortoise setup, please tell us what the conditions in the enclosure are like, and the details of your husbandry (tortoise keeping). Size and type of enclosure with pictures if possible. Level of humidity, temperatures, type of substrate, and diet. That will help us to understand how to help you best! Thanks.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Welcome to the forum! As someone suggested, a greenhouse style topper is a great way of reducing heat loss, they aren’t too expensive depending on what size you’re going for.
Some pictures/details of your set up would be great! All the points @TammyJ has mentioned, it’ll definitely make it easier for the members advising you, all the best🙂

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome.
I'm in the UK too.
As already suggested, a mini greenhouse something like the one below with your table inside will help keep heat and humidity in.
51EVOsoycSL._AC_.jpg

If you post some pics of your set up with details of your lamps and substrate etc you'll get good feedback to make sure your tort is happy and stays healthy.

Also this thread is full of very valuable up to date information which will also help you.