ONLY EATING MAZURI REPTILE PELLET FOOD??

Kelly71

Location (City and/or State)
london ontario canada
HI Guys,
Just wondered is it alright if Sunny eats more of the Mazuri food then greens,vegs? I would think so but.. dont know for sure? Thanks

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
While they tend to be mazuri junkies, it's up to you to be the stubborn momma and sternly enforce GREENS. The mazuri should only be offered occasionally. Don't even mix it in the greens or he'll pick out the mazuri.

Offer baby romaine, dandelion greens and other greens everyday. If he rejects them just purée a little banana or mango and mix your greens in it. Add a little less fruit outlier each feeding until he's weened off the fruit flavor and eating greens.

I also put wheat grass, chia seeds, and kohlrabi in my enclosure so they can much as often as they want.

Good luck! :)

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi All,
Yes he was a really good greens,veg eater. I put the Mazuri beside the greens in a small pile. I was having trouble getting him to eat pellet food? lol Maybe also when I put the vits on his fruit every other day he gets mad and then tends not to he as much greens etc the next day? lol He is a picky little guy. Dont forget this is the tort that wont go in his hide if he poos in there? lol

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I feed Missouri with every meal but I only give a couple pieces and the rest is greens. they usually eat the Missouri first but then they eat all the greens too

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
Yes I do the same just put 2 pellets soaked with greens,vegs in a pile beside the other stuff. Today he ate the 2 soaked pellets first. That might be because yesterday I had vits on stuff he gets mad. lol Just so you know I looked and one of the first things in that Mazuri Reptile food is corn? I dont know if it is like dog food or cat but that should not be one of the first things in dog,cat food? lol

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Corn is one of the items on the approved veggies list. Dogs amg cats are carnivores. They can eat corn but mostly meat eaters.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I just did a search of "corn" and it seems that people are worried about it fermenting in their stomachs. I don't think there's a worry about that with mazuri. Lol ;)

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
I dont think it is much to worry about in the Mazuri just if you give them veg real corn? Thanks I just thought it was weird it is one of the first ingredients in it? lol