5 $ President obama dinner raffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
That's right the DNC is raffling off a dinner with President obama for 5 dollars a chance. No joke, you can eat dinner with President obama for a 5 dollar raffle ticket.The winner wiil be flown to DC for dinner with the president. Personally I would enter myself just for the chance to tell him off, and what I really think of him.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think it is a good idea. It gives an ordinary person a chance. Better than some $25,000 a plate fundraiser.

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
You really think some one who is not a big time donor is going to win? My guess it will play out just like how you become an ambassador in his administration, you give him a lot of money. Someone is going to buy 100,000 tickets and magically he or she is going to win.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Cfr200 said:
You really think some one who is not a big time donor is going to win? My guess it will play out just like how you become an ambassador in his administration, you give him a lot of money. Someone is going to buy 100,000 tickets and magically he or she is going to win.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I think it's a way to get all us little people the hope that we will win, but in reality it will be some big donor like what was said above, and all those $5 hope for a dinner, will be a nice addition to his presidential reelection campain.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
What I wonder is the drawing (raffle ticket) gonna be actual raffle tickets? an electronic drawing of some kind? who is gonna monitor it for fraud? or cronyism?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
It is actually on yahoo news, I don't have a link though, If I find it I will post it.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
I'm going to enter. It would be awesome to win, and if I don't, I will take pleasure in knowing my $5 will go toward helping him beat the tar out of the wingnut that the Republicans will no doubt nominate to run against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.