ZooMed Tortoise House

Status
Not open for further replies.

satdiver

10 Year Member!
Anyone have input on the Zoomed tortoise house? I was planning on getting one for a baby Russian Tortoise.

Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
In my opinion, they are too small. It will work to keep a hatchling in for a few months, but when the tortoise starts to grow he will quickly outgrow this house.

jfb2733

5 Year Member
Claymont, DE
Small and If your guy needs humidity the wood will begin to rot after about 2 months. I had one for my first redfoot and it didn't last long. It was actualy cheaper to build one 4 times the size.

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Eastern, PA, USA
I bought one on clearance at a pet store. It is only suitable as temporary enclosure and it will rot if left wet. Build your own!

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Eastern USA
I got one to start off my RT and it is too small. As everyone else said, LOL. I am going to either build tort a new cage or connect 2 (or 3!) of these cages to make more room for her. It would work for a small hatchling, though. Oh, and I was disappointed that the wood was not finished. Just raw rough wood, so when the tort goes to the bathroom and I don't pick it up right away it leaves a big dark stain on the wood.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
I bought one and immediately lined it with heavy plastic. But my redfoots outgrew it in a year. We also had to add wire mesh to keep kitty paws out.
You can put two together, but I found the storage bins a better solution.

Ann from CT

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I have one that came with my adopted Greek. I love it. Lined it with plastic. He's a small guy, and generally he sleeps in it or is there while I'm at work, otherwise he's out in the house or yard. I'd get another one if I could find a cheap one. Guess it depends on your needs. I agree it would be tough for high humidity use. I even put my 5 lb Sulcata in it for over night. He just slept.

Since I'm doing rescues I'd love to have a few on hand vs Rubbermaid tubs. Just my opinion.

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
I have my baby leopard tortoise in one right now. I waterproofed it with a high gloss outdoor varnish. I have another one I will be doing the same to. I plan on connecting them so my lil leopard will have tons of room. Then my Russian will take over both when the leopard outgrows them.

Status
Not open for further replies.