ZooMed SplashProof Halogen - Glass falling off?!

Eggie

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Hi all!

For as long as I can remember I have been using ZooMed Splashproof bulbs for my yellow bellied-sliders. I have never had any complications with them, and they have always lasted a long time. I usually have the lights on for 8-10 hours a day. Up until 2 months ago I never had any problems with them.

The past 2 bulbs I have purchased have been awful. On the same day that they were purchased, within only 2-3 hours of use, the front piece of glass slipped off! It appears that they are using a new form of glue to hold the glass protective cover onto the bulb, and it's not doing so well. I would chalk this up to me running the bulbs for too long if it weren't for such the quick timespan after purchase AND the fact that I haven't had problems like this before.

Has anyone else been experiencing this lately? And are there any similar products that you can recommend without any of the complications? Thank you in advance!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Have you tried contacting ZooMed? If there's a bad lot or something, they need to know. If they issued a recall, you might get a refund or replacement.
It might be worth asking them if they would be willing to do a refund / replacement, whether there's any recall or not.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
If your buying them from Amazon or eBay it's possible your getting counterfeit ones.