ZOOMED REPTISUN FLUORESCENT BULB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
What would be the proper bulb for full grown Stinkpot turtles - a Zoomed Reptisun 5.0 or 10.0 fluorescent bulb. I am upgrading my two Stinkpot's enclosure and need to buy a new bulb. I have been using the 5.0 since they were babies, however, their new enclosure is much taller and so they will be further away from the bulb. :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Carol S said:
What would be the proper bulb for full grown Stinkpot turtles - a Zoomed Reptisun 5.0 or 10.0 fluorescent bulb. I am upgrading my two Stinkpot's enclosure and need to buy a new bulb. I have been using the 5.0 since they were babies, however, their new enclosure is much taller and so they will be further away from the bulb. :)

How much further away?

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
jaizei said:
Carol S said:
What would be the proper bulb for full grown Stinkpot turtles - a ZooMed Reptisun 5.0 or 10.0 fluorescent bulb. I am upgrading my two Stinkpot's enclosure and need to buy a new bulb. I have been using the 5.0 since they were babies, however, their new enclosure is much taller and so they will be further away from the bulb. :)

How much further away?

Yes, it is the ZooMed long tube bulb. It will be around 6-7 inches further away than it was in their old enclosure.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think the 5.0 is only recommended for up to 12" away, if you are further than that a 10.0 is probably a better option.

tupacliveson16

5 Year Member
The Colony Texas!
Jaizei said was correct. My little muskies weren't getting there UVB for my 5.0 so i had to switch. Its much better

Status
Not open for further replies.