zoomed repti lamp stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello Everyone,
I want to buy a SAFE lamp stand for Pop Corn's enclosure (THe little baby should be ready to ship in August :D).
I want to buy the Zoomed one? any recommendations?
Thank you!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
That is the one I use and I love it! I bought the larger size.

The only problem I've had is that my clamp lamp is really rounded at the top and it doesn't fit perfectly on the hook. Still works fine though. I'll try to get a picture to explain it better.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I bought one of these, then someone gave me one with a rescued tortoise. I really, really like them because you can use one light and have it shining over two habitats. Also because you can shine the light straight down. Also because there is no danger of it coming un-clamped and falling into the habitat.

What I don't like about it is the heavy light makes it pretty top heavy and you have to be sure to have the "foot" securely under the tub. It would have been better had they made the "foot" longer.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Yvonne, I will show it to my fiance tonight, he just told me that maybe he will do one lamp stand in plywood instead of this one since we will buy the MVB T-rex so it will probably be heavy with the light and the dome. I think we are going to buy a plastic bin and a coffee table to put underneath, so he will put screws to keep the lamp stand in place.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
I'm using 2 of them to suspend a 4 foot fluorescent double lamp striplight and have a zoomed mini dome hanging from one of the hooks.

Sure, with enough weight the foot will need some extra weight. Mine are under a wooden bookcase and no chance they are toppling over.

soundwave

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Calgary, Alberta CANADA
Hi Isa,

I love this product. I use them for all my enclosures. They work great with MVB. I all so use the large deep dome lamp from pets and ponds. They are great retailer in Canada.

Good luck with new tortoise.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Ton :) I agree with you, Pets and ponds are great retailer in Canada. They sell the MVB 66CAD, I went in Ontario last week end and I found the T-rex MVB at 97.99CAD!!! I do not think they sell it in the prov of Quebec! I really do not know why though!

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
I'm using the smaller sized lamp stand for my redfoots and I just love it.
Have to agree though that the foot should have been made heavier.
I'm planning on buying the larger size for my leopards in the next little while.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
The foot is made to go under the cage. If it is not then a large rock should be used to weigh it down.

George

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Isa - I have two clamp stands and they work just perfectly. I have attached a picture - hope it helps!

DSCF3308.jpg

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I love my lamp stand. I have the larger size since I have very deep substrate. Its easy to adjust. The paint does chip a bit when you adjust it a lot, but I really haven't seen any other options at the stores. Sure I could rig something up, but it wouldn't look as nice. My first fixture had to be clamped to the stand, and my new one hangs. So much better to hang it from the fixture hook (then I wrap the cord as a fail safe). Get as deep and wide of a fixture with a ceramic socket as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.