Zoomed powersun

Status
Not open for further replies.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, CO
So I have had a 100w zoomed powersun running for the past 9 months and I have another that is 150w that has only ran for about a month and a half. I bought them both last year in august. The one I use now is a more white color and the one not used much has a more of an orange color. Is this because of the higher wattage or the use out of the bulb? When do I know when to replace this bulb? After 12 months of use? Thank you!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Unless you have a meter to read(forgot what it's called) the UVB being put out, you don't really know when to replace. I plan on replacing at a year. They are suppose to last at least that long. With summer, sun, and outside time you won't need it on until winter. So save some money and get them outside at least three days a week, more is better for an hour or more is better.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First make sure the screen, is not tightly woven like a house window screen. A lot of the uv rays are diminished and can not go through. Chicken wire works better. Second, you should have a place for them to get out of the rain and be sure the rain can not flood them.

Status
Not open for further replies.