Zoo med reptibark?

shawnateerow

Location (City and/or State)
Maurice
I'm currently using 3co earth coco coir substrate and looking for something safe to add to it for my sulcata babies. Reviews on reptibark?

Screenshot_20200923-125923_Chrome.jpg

Agathaade

Los Angeles
I use it for my babyvhermann and love it. It’s very fuss free. No dust, no poke-y bits. For outdoors I got cheaper fine fir bark from the local nursery, waaaay cheaper. You may want to look at that.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm currently using 3co earth coco coir substrate and looking for something safe to add to it for my sulcata babies. Reviews on reptibark?

View attachment 307060
My little old tortoise likes it added to the coco coir as recomended here by more experienced members. The best thing is he actually likes it and it stays nice for a long time.

shawnateerow

Maurice
My little old tortoise likes it added to the coco coir as recomended here by more experienced members. The best thing is he actually likes it and it stays nice for a long time.

They seemed pretty excited about it earlier..i like the coco coir, it just stays too dry no matter how much I mist it

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They seemed pretty excited about it earlier..i like the coco coir, it just stays too dry no matter how much I mist it
The coco coir is mixed with the repti bark in my tortoise's enclosure. I did add a lot of water. I don't just mist it. When I change my tortoise's water for clean fresh water I dump it on the substrate also. It's hard to describe it and even a picture doesn't show it. You just want a soft very slightly moist not wet invironment. If it takes more water then get it to where it has a nice feel to it without being sloppy wet. I hope I haven't given you bad advice. I've not raised a baby. Listen to the more experienced members.?