Zoo Med Premium Repti Bark Natural Fir Reptile Bedding for Leopard Tortoise?

sdmoran

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hi all!

I have been doing some looking for orchid bark and I can’t find any that have a ton for the money. I noticed that the Zoo Med Reptile Bark is 100% fir and was curious if it would be beneficial to use? If not, what are the brands of orchid bark that y’all use?

Thank you in advance!!

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
The Zoo Med RetiBark and Orchid bark are the same thing. There is nothing wrong with the ZooMed product other than they mark up the price significantly over what you will pay in bulk from a garden store or an online retailer.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi all!

I have been doing some looking for orchid bark and I can’t find any that have a ton for the money. I noticed that the Zoo Med Reptile Bark is 100% fir and was curious if it would be beneficial to use? If not, what are the brands of orchid bark that y’all use?

Thank you in advance!!
What part of CA are you in? You should have no trouble finding o bark. The ZooMed stuff is totally safe and fine to use, but very expensive. $20 for a little bag of it when you can get a huge 2.0 cu. ft. bag at a nursery for about $12.

sdmoran

California
What part of CA are you in? You should have no trouble finding o bark. The ZooMed stuff is totally safe and fine to use, but very expensive. $20 for a little bag of it when you can get a huge 2.0 cu. ft. bag at a nursery for about $12.
We’re in SD! We’ll definitely stop by a few nurseries before buying the ZooMed stuff!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I want to drive to Santa clarita to buy pallets of fir bark please tell me where Tom !!!!!!!
Its right there in post number 7 above. If you buy a whole pallet, the guy will discount it 10% per bag. And I'm sure he can get tons more of it. Literally tons.

Luciano

Los Angeles
Click on the green above the pic of the bark
thank you so so much Tom ! im a new member to this forum and how I wish i knew about it a long time ago! your sage advice and guidance has been a tremendous help to me and my 2 year old sulcata tortoise! thank you for all that you do for us tortoise lovers worldwide! 🙏🙏